Raw Vegan Choc Matcha Tart
2 cups of raw almonds
2 cups of dates, pitted and soaked
¼ cup of cacao powder
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
Optional: pinch of salt to enhance the chocolatey flavour
2 cups of raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
½ cup of coconut milk
¼ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 heaped tablespoons of matcha powder (or to taste)
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1. The night before, soak the cashews in water
2. Make the base: In a food processor, blitz the almonds until fine, then add in cacao powder, softened dates and coconut oil. Blend until the mixture sticks together. You may need to add a bit of water if the mixture is too dry
3. Mould the base into a lined tart shell and store in the freezer to harden.
4. Make the filling: drain the cashews, then pour them into a food processor, then blend until it is smooth cashew butter. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until just combined. Do not over blend or the mixture may split.
5. Pour the matcha filling into the base and freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Make the topping: whisk together the cacao powder, maple syrup and coconut oil until smooth and silky.
7. Drizzle the chocolate topping over the tart – it should set into solid chocolate upon touching the tart.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months, and let it thaw for 10 minutes prior to serving.
* SERVES: 8-12
Recipe by @run2food